Search inside an email and search for emails (new Outlook)

Anonymous
2023-09-26T08:43:34+00:00

Split from this thread.

Hi,

I'm trying New Outlook, I would like to search inside an email for text, and also search for emails in the inbox.

I cant see any way of doing these functions.

Control-F does nothing.

Can you help please ?!

Thanks

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

51 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-03-17T17:28:34+00:00

    It is incredible to me that such an important feature would be left out. But I'm not surprised because I've been using the New Outlook a few weeks now and the whole thing is a huge disappointment. There are many features of Outlook that I use which are either no longer present, don't work properly, or are just hard to locate. Huge thumbs-down on this version.

    I have a workaround for the missing feature "Find text in current email" ... and this really is awful, but it's what I'm doing:

    Ctrl+A to Select All text

    Ctrl+C to Copy

    Open Notepad, Word, or text editor of your choice

    Ctrl+V to Paste (formatting will be utterly jacked but you can still read it)

    Use text editor's Find function

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-03-18T17:01:11+00:00

    Its really astounding how a feature so fundamental, so basic to an email application could be ommmitted by the biggest software developer on the planet. This is possibly the single biggest oversight I have ever seen for a Microsoft app. Outlook new is a good product otherwise, its a real shame this has persisted so long.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-03-19T11:21:06+00:00

    None of these options are in my mail app.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-03-19T11:21:50+00:00

    There is no magnifying glass icon in my mail app

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-03-21T19:51:09+00:00

    Just saw the Search function in New Outlook today. It's at the top of the page

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments