Search inside an email and search for emails (new Outlook)

Anonymous
2023-09-26T08:43:34+00:00

Split from this thread.

Hi,

I'm trying New Outlook, I would like to search inside an email for text, and also search for emails in the inbox.

I cant see any way of doing these functions.

Control-F does nothing.

Can you help please ?!

Thanks

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

51 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-06-03T07:38:09+00:00

    I have the same issue as I need to search very long emails to put out a couple bits of data.

    Very frustrating and strange that such a function would be removed.

    Well its not been removed as it was never in the web version and that's all the new app basically is...

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-05-30T16:44:05+00:00

    In new Outlook, I don't see a 'find' option under Format Text tab (your method 1)

    I also see no Search when right clicking in the reading pane (your method 2).

    Not sure if this changed from your reply in February.

    I, like many here, am frustrated that there seems to be no way to search for text within a long message/email.

    I also see there is no way to sort email search results in the new Outlook.

    Seems there are many often used functions that were available in standard Outlook that are not available in the New Outlook for some reason.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-04-18T03:58:02+00:00

    I have left feedback stating that the "find text within a message" functionality is missing in the new Outlook multiple times since last year, but nothing changed as of April 2024. Really disappointed that Microsoft replaces the old Mail app, which has this functionality, with the new Outlook.

    This is a really simple but useful feature. I just don't understand why Microsoft decide not adding this in the new Outlook.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-04-05T19:43:07+00:00

    You completely missed the point here

    He/she specifically asked::

    "I would like to search inside an email for text" i.e. if you are reading a lengthy email (either you read it in the reading-pane or you clicked on it so it opens in a new window) , and you want to search for a specific word or phrase 'INSID THE EMAIL' - it cannot be done!

    That functionality has probably been deemed unnecessary by the email-gods, just like being able to re-send an email!

    Way to go!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    9 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more