Search inside an email and search for emails (new Outlook)

Anonymous
2023-09-26T08:43:34+00:00

Split from this thread.

Hi,

I'm trying New Outlook, I would like to search inside an email for text, and also search for emails in the inbox.

I cant see any way of doing these functions.

Control-F does nothing.

Can you help please ?!

Thanks

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

51 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-09-21T12:22:12+00:00

    Since this mishappen is knows since more than a year it is evident that in a next Office update this is corrected or ?
    Lets hope for the best

    Thomas

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-09-20T16:57:21+00:00

    Not having an email search feature in the new Outlook is a program killer for me and I've had to switch back to Outlook (classic).

    Was this answer helpful?

    10 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-09-19T19:39:11+00:00

    Seriously!! How could it be overlooked to be able to search within email chains? What in the literal development thought process was going on?!

    I suspect this probably came about because the codebase is that created for the webmail portal, which doesn't need a search function as all browsers have that as standard. Not adding it when migrating to a standalone program was a pretty major oversight, though.

    Was this answer helpful?

    9 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-09-19T16:59:17+00:00

    Seriously!! How could it be overlooked to be able to search within email chains? What in the literal development thought process was going on?!

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-09-11T06:24:08+00:00

    Searching for text within an email is not possible in the New Outlook. I switched back to the old version because this basic feature is missing. It feels like the New Outlook is still in a beta phase.

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments