Search inside an email and search for emails (new Outlook)

Anonymous
2023-09-26T08:43:34+00:00

Split from this thread.

Hi,

I'm trying New Outlook, I would like to search inside an email for text, and also search for emails in the inbox.

I cant see any way of doing these functions.

Control-F does nothing.

Can you help please ?!

Thanks

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

51 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-01-23T14:09:36+00:00

    Still an open question?! Searching an individual email for something should be much easier than copying/pasting to Word and Ctrl+f therein! Isn't it 2024 already? 🤔

    Was this answer helpful?

    50+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-12-19T21:12:17+00:00

    Hi, this still hasn't been done and I need to find a specific email among 1000s and I cant possibly be excepted to do this without this feature.

    Was this answer helpful?

    30+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-11-08T09:16:51+00:00

    I can't believe Microsoft would have completely removed the possibility to search for specific text within messages? It's an essential part of quickly finding what you are looking for within long messages / message chains. I don't have time to read page upon page to find the place I'm looking for.

    Was this answer helpful?

    100+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-10-27T11:13:23+00:00

    The original poster also asked about searching for text inside an email. I have this question too, and I don't think your response addresses this?

    In the old Outlook it's simply a case of double-clicking the email to open it in a separate window, and there is a find option on the toolbar which can be used to search for text within that email. The new Outlook doesn't seem to have this option?

    Was this answer helpful?

    100+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-10-02T12:49:53+00:00

    Hello!

    We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

    Thank you for your understanding. 

    Respectfully,

    Fatima J

    Microsoft Moderator

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments