Search inside an email and search for emails (new Outlook)

Anonymous
2023-09-26T08:43:34+00:00

Split from this thread.

Hi,

I'm trying New Outlook, I would like to search inside an email for text, and also search for emails in the inbox.

I cant see any way of doing these functions.

Control-F does nothing.

Can you help please ?!

Thanks

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

51 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  2. Anonymous
    2025-03-10T02:11:02+00:00

    Thank you Brian,

    I had found a link for Classic Outlook before, and tried to load it. It worked for a while, but it continually reverts to the "New" Outlook. Microsoft has also deleted my contacts stored in my Dell computer. I run a small business, and cannot put up with these Microsoft high-handed major changes to their software without notice.

    Today I bought a new Apple computer, and will use that for my business. I am also hiring a tech support person recommended by Apple and hope I can protect myself from Microsoft making changes in my computer (such as deleting my contacts lists and forcibly foisting a product on me I do not want or need). I no longer have the ability to refuse to update to versions of Microsoft software, apparently. I am sick and tired of being forced to do things that cause me and my business pain, and keep me from being available to my own customers.

    Microsoft needs to be broken up, they have become too comfortable due to its monopoly status. They think nothing of making major changes without warning, and don't care about customers. It is also becoming impossible to find tech support for their products when they break something. I am sick and tired of the bully!

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Brian Tillman [Outlook MVP 2007-2019] 25,925 Reputation points
    2025-03-08T17:49:12+00:00

    You should be able to download and install classic Outlook. See Download classic Outlook

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-03-08T17:44:05+00:00

    Unfortunately, I was not given a choice to retain the Classic Outlook. The New Outlook was foisted on me, and I cannot switch back. Everything I tried was ineffective to switch back to Classic.

    I hate Microsoft, but since they have a monopoly, all we can do is wait for retirement when we no longer have to do business impeded and abused by Microsoft whims.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-03-08T17:39:59+00:00

    Unfortunately, Microsoft is tone deaf to their customers. They have a monopoly, and don't care. I expect their "moderators" will delete my comments, because the "little people" are not allowed to question the omnipotent Microsoft.

    We have to be polite, and learn to value being abused.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments