Search inside an email and search for emails (new Outlook)

Anonymous
2023-09-26T08:43:34+00:00

Split from this thread.

Hi,

I'm trying New Outlook, I would like to search inside an email for text, and also search for emails in the inbox.

I cant see any way of doing these functions.

Control-F does nothing.

Can you help please ?!

Thanks

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

51 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-03-08T17:36:39+00:00

    Microsoft no longer cares about its customers, since we are "captive" to their business software. They make changes and break things without regard for how it affects small businesses like mine, who have to hire people to try to recover things, or do it ourselves, which interferes with our own small businesses. The "Classic" Outlook worked just fine. The "New" Outlook is a nightmare, I hate it, as do thousands of others.

    The new corporate business model appears to be: (i) customer avoidance, aka charge customers more money, break their systems, and then hide behind automated [so called] robot and remote help, regardless of the inconvenience this causes THEIR customers; (ii) customer abuse, aka blame customers for being "mean" to MS employees when they are angry because their systems are broken and they are losing time and business clients due to systems which are not operational, and no help is given to solve the problem.

    Both political parties are useless - they are not enforcing antitrust laws and advocating for the breakup of Microsoft to allow the development of good technology that competes with the MS Office suite (just like what happened with AT&T years ago). If AT& T had been allowed to retain their stranglehold of the cellular market in 1984, we would still be on rotary phones.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-05-30T16:44:05+00:00

    In new Outlook, I don't see a 'find' option under Format Text tab (your method 1)

    I also see no Search when right clicking in the reading pane (your method 2).

    Not sure if this changed from your reply in February.

    I, like many here, am frustrated that there seems to be no way to search for text within a long message/email.

    I also see there is no way to sort email search results in the new Outlook.

    Seems there are many often used functions that were available in standard Outlook that are not available in the New Outlook for some reason.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-03-21T19:51:09+00:00

    Just saw the Search function in New Outlook today. It's at the top of the page

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-03-08T17:39:59+00:00

    Unfortunately, Microsoft is tone deaf to their customers. They have a monopoly, and don't care. I expect their "moderators" will delete my comments, because the "little people" are not allowed to question the omnipotent Microsoft.

    We have to be polite, and learn to value being abused.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-09-21T12:28:01+00:00

    Exactly Greg,

    I did even not try out their workaround !
    Hopefully they undrerstand now !

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments