Search inside an email and search for emails (new Outlook)

Anonymous
2023-09-26T08:43:34+00:00

Split from this thread.

Hi,

I'm trying New Outlook, I would like to search inside an email for text, and also search for emails in the inbox.

I cant see any way of doing these functions.

Control-F does nothing.

Can you help please ?!

Thanks

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

51 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-03-22T11:14:48+00:00

    @JChepaitus,

    I think you missed the point of this thead.

    Search in the top bar has always been there in New Outlook. That will search through mail folders and it works fine. What is missing is the ability to find text in just the current opened email.

    For Example:

    1. You use the search bar and it shows an email hit.
    2. You pull that email up and it's many pages long. How do you go straight to the thing you're looking for?

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-03-19T11:21:50+00:00

    There is no magnifying glass icon in my mail app

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-06-03T07:38:09+00:00

    I have the same issue as I need to search very long emails to put out a couple bits of data.

    Very frustrating and strange that such a function would be removed.

    Well its not been removed as it was never in the web version and that's all the new app basically is...

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-04-18T03:58:02+00:00

    I have left feedback stating that the "find text within a message" functionality is missing in the new Outlook multiple times since last year, but nothing changed as of April 2024. Really disappointed that Microsoft replaces the old Mail app, which has this functionality, with the new Outlook.

    This is a really simple but useful feature. I just don't understand why Microsoft decide not adding this in the new Outlook.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-02-12T15:07:55+00:00

    Using the email I received from this channel, I'd like to share with you Neil (et. al.) what I see. No response needed or desired.

    I.e., Dear Microsoft: BRING BACK CTRL+F TO SEARCH!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    10 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments