How to Switch "From" Email Address in Outlook WITHOUT Opening a New Message Window

Anonymous
2024-05-14T20:31:44+00:00

Hi,

In old Outlook, I was easily able to change the "from" email address by selecting any email account that was set up in my Outlook. I could simply switch the "from" email and send the email I was working on. Everything worked as it should.

Now, when I change the "from" email, Outlook automatically opens a new message window instead of just changing the address in the email I'm trying to send. It's so incredibly frustrating.

PLEASE HELP!

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-05-20T06:27:32+00:00

    Hello Todd B B,

    Good day to you and hope you are doing well.

    We have checked this thread and we do understand your concern about this feature that how it helps you to improve your efficiency in such daily busy work schedule but as it is related with New Outlook for Windows's product design, so as it is suggested by De Paul, kindly submit your valuable feedback directly to Microsoft product development team by either go to Help from your dedicated App > submit Feedback or by posting on Ideas · Community (microsoft.com) . This is required because as we are from community team, we can only assist you to troubleshoot the query/share work around (if we have for any by design query) and providing you required information for feature’s availability status.

    I hope we provided required all information regarded your post and hope its helps to you. At this point, we highly appreciate your kind cooperation.

    Thank you,

    Ankita Vaidya | Community Moderator

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-06-14T18:56:02+00:00

    There is no Options tab in new Outlook Mac version that I can see...

    Very frustrating backwards step in the new design.

    Is there a way of adding the ability to select from various "From" email addresses when replying to an email on the Mac version of new Outlook?

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-07-24T16:57:43+00:00

    I am having the same issue and this is very frustrating.

    This is a major downgrade with the new outlook and needs to get fixed asap!!!!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-07-25T18:20:52+00:00

    Not only does it open in a new window, but it loses any recipients which were already populated. This makes the new Outlook completely unusable for someone who was leveraging the ability to reply to emails from addresses different than the original recipient.

    The existing functionality of a program should be the bare minimum ability of a new program intending to replace it.

    Major disappointment.

    Was this answer helpful?

    30+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-08-13T19:21:34+00:00

    When I try to change the "from" account by switching between emails with the same domain, a new window is populate and the thread is lost. I'm not in a shared inbox but I've logged into multiple accounts.

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments