How to Switch "From" Email Address in Outlook WITHOUT Opening a New Message Window

Anonymous
2024-05-14T20:31:44+00:00

Hi,

In old Outlook, I was easily able to change the "from" email address by selecting any email account that was set up in my Outlook. I could simply switch the "from" email and send the email I was working on. Everything worked as it should.

Now, when I change the "from" email, Outlook automatically opens a new message window instead of just changing the address in the email I'm trying to send. It's so incredibly frustrating.

PLEASE HELP!

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-08-26T18:11:03+00:00

    Arrrgghhhh!!!! Right you are, Brandon. I was so ready to believe. Still need this fixed, MS!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-08-26T17:31:50+00:00

    I'm noticing that this only works if the original email was sent to a microsoft office email address. If it was sent to a gmail address or other 3rd party email address, the "other email address" option is not present.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-08-26T12:35:47+00:00

    You really are the King, Coleman. Thank you for this!!!

    Microsoft... make him an offer.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-08-26T02:12:29+00:00

    I have the same issue when trying to select between emails, HOWEVER, if you select "other email address" on dropdown when you click on the From line and start to type the email address you want to use, it doesn't do the new window/clear out recipients and prior conversation. Hope that helps while they work on this version of the program.

    Was this answer helpful?

    40+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-08-22T11:30:23+00:00

    Exactly same problem, very frustrating. It even does it for emails in the same organisation for me.

    My workaround is to forward the email to my preferred email address then reply from there.

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments