Using New Outlook on Windows for personal email, calendar, and contact management
Agreed. This is something that really needs to be fixed.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hi,
In old Outlook, I was easily able to change the "from" email address by selecting any email account that was set up in my Outlook. I could simply switch the "from" email and send the email I was working on. Everything worked as it should.
Now, when I change the "from" email, Outlook automatically opens a new message window instead of just changing the address in the email I'm trying to send. It's so incredibly frustrating.
PLEASE HELP!
Using New Outlook on Windows for personal email, calendar, and contact management
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Agreed. This is something that really needs to be fixed.
In the "New" Outlook, when I choose the sort column on the right hand it defaults to "By Date". When I choose that option, I see the newest first but when I choose to change it to "By from" it sorts in "Alphabetical" order and I have to scroll down and down until I find the one I am looking for. This is making me want to find some new email service.
It's very annoying that six months later this has not been fixed. I only started to look at new outlook as I was getting some very odd effects on old outlook, which was starting to change the from address (when I press the send button) to some internal Exchange address, which then fails.
I am using a mix of accounts connected to Exchange, Office 365, Gmail, and IMAP.
Update: I've now switched to eM solely due to this!
Having exactly the same issue!!
If an email comes into our support inbox but i need to reply to them from a different function, the whole thread is lost and it opens up a new window! Please tell me the point in this as i could just click "New Email". You're hardly doing me a favour by creating a completely blank email!!!