How to Switch "From" Email Address in Outlook WITHOUT Opening a New Message Window

Anonymous
2024-05-14T20:31:44+00:00

Hi,

In old Outlook, I was easily able to change the "from" email address by selecting any email account that was set up in my Outlook. I could simply switch the "from" email and send the email I was working on. Everything worked as it should.

Now, when I change the "from" email, Outlook automatically opens a new message window instead of just changing the address in the email I'm trying to send. It's so incredibly frustrating.

PLEASE HELP!

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-03-05T20:52:36+00:00

    This is happening to me too. Very very frustrating. I can't reply from myself from my bosses emails anymore and the whole thread is lost. Really annoying. I'm trying to force myself to use the new outlook but this is not an efficient 'upgrade' for me as an EA managing my Executive's emails. I truly hope this gets fixed soon.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-02-21T19:33:08+00:00

    Same issue. And even with the work around posted earlier, I can't even change my signature line. This is utterly maddening. Please fix this.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-02-11T04:29:52+00:00

    Yes, it's very frustrated with that non-sense design.

    You can do it freely in old Outlook so I prefer to use old design.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-01-31T17:23:11+00:00

    De Paul,

    Based upon the experience of EVERY user on this thread, it is apparent that Microsoft needs to "repair" the functionality within the program. This is NOT an optional item and a MAJOR problem from any user with multiple businesses.

    When will Microsoft FIX what they broke?

    Kindly,

    Matt Schiff

    President

    Schiff Executive Benefits

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-01-26T15:52:13+00:00

    Microsoft.... YOU HAVE FAILED!!!!! You took a MAJOR feature, that is INTUTITVE away.... Replace the ability to change the server that the received mail is going out on "WITH" the old email - as you have removed a function that we use EVERYDAY!!!!! This is not a request, but a REQUIREMENT. You are failing the customer.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments