How to Switch "From" Email Address in Outlook WITHOUT Opening a New Message Window

Anonymous
2024-05-14T20:31:44+00:00

Hi,

In old Outlook, I was easily able to change the "from" email address by selecting any email account that was set up in my Outlook. I could simply switch the "from" email and send the email I was working on. Everything worked as it should.

Now, when I change the "from" email, Outlook automatically opens a new message window instead of just changing the address in the email I'm trying to send. It's so incredibly frustrating.

PLEASE HELP!

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  2. Anonymous
    2025-05-04T15:09:15+00:00

    This is infuriating for me and I've been dealing with it for the last year. Why is this feature still broken?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-01-22T19:49:51+00:00

    Same issue here.. this thread started last May and they still haven't fixed it..

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-01-16T14:08:34+00:00

    Good day,

    I hope you are well!

    I have the same issue as the above user, but where mine differs is the following:

    Even if both addresses are in the same domain, same organization, it opens a new window.

    How do i fix this?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-01-06T15:26:46+00:00

    agreed - new outlook sucks - I am going to finally ake the big leap to Mac

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments