How to Switch "From" Email Address in Outlook WITHOUT Opening a New Message Window

Anonymous
2024-05-14T20:31:44+00:00

Hi,

In old Outlook, I was easily able to change the "from" email address by selecting any email account that was set up in my Outlook. I could simply switch the "from" email and send the email I was working on. Everything worked as it should.

Now, when I change the "from" email, Outlook automatically opens a new message window instead of just changing the address in the email I'm trying to send. It's so incredibly frustrating.

PLEASE HELP!

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-12-11T16:07:39+00:00

    Still not fixed? How utterly pathetic!

    This should be basic functionality.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-12-05T07:43:38+00:00

    Agreed. This is something that really needs to be fixed.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-11-28T19:31:26+00:00

    In the "New" Outlook, when I choose the sort column on the right hand it defaults to "By Date". When I choose that option, I see the newest first but when I choose to change it to "By from" it sorts in "Alphabetical" order and I have to scroll down and down until I find the one I am looking for. This is making me want to find some new email service.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-11-15T18:36:22+00:00

    It's very annoying that six months later this has not been fixed. I only started to look at new outlook as I was getting some very odd effects on old outlook, which was starting to change the from address (when I press the send button) to some internal Exchange address, which then fails.

    I am using a mix of accounts connected to Exchange, Office 365, Gmail, and IMAP.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-10-31T08:59:46+00:00

    Hello

    I seem to have the same proble. If I change the From within one domain, the no new window. But if I change between accounts (all Micorost private or office) then new window opens. It is kind of annoying.

    br

    Reili

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments