How to Switch "From" Email Address in Outlook WITHOUT Opening a New Message Window

Anonymous
2024-05-14T20:31:44+00:00

Hi,

In old Outlook, I was easily able to change the "from" email address by selecting any email account that was set up in my Outlook. I could simply switch the "from" email and send the email I was working on. Everything worked as it should.

Now, when I change the "from" email, Outlook automatically opens a new message window instead of just changing the address in the email I'm trying to send. It's so incredibly frustrating.

PLEASE HELP!

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-03-18T06:22:15+00:00

    Couldnt agree more! Very frustrating!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-03-05T20:52:36+00:00

    This is happening to me too. Very very frustrating. I can't reply from myself from my bosses emails anymore and the whole thread is lost. Really annoying. I'm trying to force myself to use the new outlook but this is not an efficient 'upgrade' for me as an EA managing my Executive's emails. I truly hope this gets fixed soon.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-02-21T19:33:08+00:00

    Same issue. And even with the work around posted earlier, I can't even change my signature line. This is utterly maddening. Please fix this.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-08-26T17:31:50+00:00

    I'm noticing that this only works if the original email was sent to a microsoft office email address. If it was sent to a gmail address or other 3rd party email address, the "other email address" option is not present.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-05-20T06:27:32+00:00

    Hello Todd B B,

    Good day to you and hope you are doing well.

    We have checked this thread and we do understand your concern about this feature that how it helps you to improve your efficiency in such daily busy work schedule but as it is related with New Outlook for Windows's product design, so as it is suggested by De Paul, kindly submit your valuable feedback directly to Microsoft product development team by either go to Help from your dedicated App > submit Feedback or by posting on Ideas · Community (microsoft.com) . This is required because as we are from community team, we can only assist you to troubleshoot the query/share work around (if we have for any by design query) and providing you required information for feature’s availability status.

    I hope we provided required all information regarded your post and hope its helps to you. At this point, we highly appreciate your kind cooperation.

    Thank you,

    Ankita Vaidya | Community Moderator

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments