How to Switch "From" Email Address in Outlook WITHOUT Opening a New Message Window

Anonymous
2024-05-14T20:31:44+00:00

Hi,

In old Outlook, I was easily able to change the "from" email address by selecting any email account that was set up in my Outlook. I could simply switch the "from" email and send the email I was working on. Everything worked as it should.

Now, when I change the "from" email, Outlook automatically opens a new message window instead of just changing the address in the email I'm trying to send. It's so incredibly frustrating.

PLEASE HELP!

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-02-11T04:29:52+00:00

    Yes, it's very frustrated with that non-sense design.

    You can do it freely in old Outlook so I prefer to use old design.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-01-26T15:52:13+00:00

    Microsoft.... YOU HAVE FAILED!!!!! You took a MAJOR feature, that is INTUTITVE away.... Replace the ability to change the server that the received mail is going out on "WITH" the old email - as you have removed a function that we use EVERYDAY!!!!! This is not a request, but a REQUIREMENT. You are failing the customer.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-01-12T21:27:30+00:00

    This solution did not work. I clicked on options. I clicked on show from. I changed from gmail to hotmail and the system opening up a new window which did not include the email I was trying to forward.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-11-14T08:49:35+00:00

    Update: I've now switched to eM solely due to this!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-11-10T08:02:49+00:00

    Having exactly the same issue!!

    If an email comes into our support inbox but i need to reply to them from a different function, the whole thread is lost and it opens up a new window! Please tell me the point in this as i could just click "New Email". You're hardly doing me a favour by creating a completely blank email!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments