Gmail app keeps asking for Microsoft account credentials - not able to login

Anonymous
2024-01-25T09:50:09+00:00

Hi,

Since yesterday (24-01-2024) Gmail app won't sync with my Hotmail account. This email account is my default one, and syncs email, calendar and contacts.

Tried to remove account from devices, restart and add account again (manual configuration).

Server is defined as "m.hotmail.com", port "443", Security "SSL/TLS"

It as two options to proceed:

-"Next" - returns a information to check account data or change to modern authentication

-"modern authentication" - tries to sign on a google page (https://enterprise.google.co./exchangeoauth2rediret...) and returns a message "Can't add your personal email".

This happens both in a basic tablet with android 10 and in a Redmi Note 9 Pro (running stock Miui on Android 12)

What could be causing this? any help tp solve?

Thanks

Outlook | Outlook for mobile | Outlook for Android | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-08-26T20:27:34+00:00

    John - thank you very much for pointing out that the Samsung email app can handle EAS for Hotmail accounts! I hadn't thought of that, but it looks like it works perfectly on my phone (Samsung Galaxy S10e) and gives me what I need. I don't really use my Hotmail account for email, but I rely on it for calendar and contacts.

    It's hard to avoid the conclusion you draw, that Google just doesn't want to support EAS access to Hotmail/Outlook because of the competition.

    Thanks 10e6!

    • richard

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-10-07T20:38:34+00:00

    Has anyone resolved this issue? I am just using Gmail on my browser, and it still won't authenticate my outlook account. I'm using POP3.

    It does work for a period of time and then stops. Then sometimes starts again, but it's been down now for a week. I've tried using an app password but still no joy.

    If anyone has any tips I'd appreciate it!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-10-07T23:10:23+00:00

    Perhaps you'll just have to use the oulook.com website for now.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-10-25T20:21:22+00:00

    It's literally nuts that after months and months this is still going on. What a joke. As a previous poster stated you can sort of work around this by using the Samsung Email application if you are using one of their devices. It's a pain though and is just a work around and not really a fix. Looks like Apple might be the way to go, or drop MSN/Hotmail/Live and take everything over to Gmail.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-01-19T02:35:16+00:00

    1 year later, the problem has returned again

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments