Using Outlook for Android in business environments for email and scheduling
Hello,
Thank you for posting here in Microsoft Community.
Basing on your description you are unable to connect to the Outlook.com server using the Gmail application on your phone and other mobile devices. I'd be more than glad to assist you on this, for me to have a better view of your concern, I'd like to ask few details:
- What is the Gmail app version are you using?
- Are you able to login on to https://outlook.live.com using the account?
- Have you tried using another email client such as Outlook application, does it have the same issue as well?
Here are troubleshooting steps I can suggest:
- Verify if you are able to login on the webmail https://outlook.live.com.
- Try to reset your password for that Hotmail account as possible it's a credential issue.
- Visit Mail - Outlook (live.com) check the status of the devices connected to your Hotmail account, you can also refresh it from there by clicking the cycle arrow icon. If the status is other than "OK" you can try to remove it then set-up the Hotmail account again on Gmail.
- Try to add the account on the Outlook.com and Hotmail.com configuration instead of Microsoft Exchange. If not you can also try to set it up as IMAP then use this configuration: POP, IMAP, and SMTP settings for Outlook.com - Microsoft Support (Note: IMAP configuration only syncs email items.
I hope this information helps! Please let me know if you need further assistance, I'd be more than glad to assist you on it.
Regards,
Arquel C.
Microsoft Moderator