Using Outlook for Android in business environments for email and scheduling
Two-step enabled, using app password - still having same problem. Not fixed!
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hi,
Since yesterday (24-01-2024) Gmail app won't sync with my Hotmail account. This email account is my default one, and syncs email, calendar and contacts.
Tried to remove account from devices, restart and add account again (manual configuration).
Server is defined as "m.hotmail.com", port "443", Security "SSL/TLS"
It as two options to proceed:
-"Next" - returns a information to check account data or change to modern authentication
-"modern authentication" - tries to sign on a google page (https://enterprise.google.co./exchangeoauth2rediret...) and returns a message "Can't add your personal email".
This happens both in a basic tablet with android 10 and in a Redmi Note 9 Pro (running stock Miui on Android 12)
What could be causing this? any help tp solve?
Thanks
Using Outlook for Android in business environments for email and scheduling
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Two-step enabled, using app password - still having same problem. Not fixed!
Hello Everyone,
We truly appreciate your collaboration and understanding on this matter.
As per checking onto this, there was an issue on the Outlook.com server authentication where emails apps connecting to POP, IMAP, or Exchange connections are being prompted to enter credentials, here the support article for reference: Outlook and other apps are unable to connect to Outlook.com.
If you are still having the same issue, we highly suggest creating an app password for your mail applications. Using app passwords with apps that don't support two-step verification
I hope this information helps!
Regards,
Arquel C.
Microsoft Moderator
I'm having this issue as well. Either Gmail broke their Microsoft Exchange server support or Microsoft are preventing it from working on Gmail properly to force people to use their Outlook android app.
Either way I think this issue does need to be investigated by Microsoft and properly addressed.
Thanks for your input.
As for your suggestions:
1-Gmail app version is 2023.12.31.599528178, installed from PlayStore.
2 - I already changed password and problem keeps the same
3 - delete all devices and tried to setup account on android devices as an exchange account and i'm able to login. In this process returns a messa that's impossible to log in the server.
4 - as for previous step does not work, i did ad account as IMAP anda work fine. But in this setup i cannot synchronize "contacts" and "Calendar", wich is very annoying since all my data is centered in this mocrosoft account.
Also installed Outlook form Play Store and setup this account with no problems at all.
I think that Microsoft made changes on mobile servers and Gmail in unable to log on those changes. But it's only a guess...
In this meanwhile possibly i'm goibo to migrate all my data for a google account, as i cannot loose calendar or contacts acess in a easy way on my phone..
Thanks for your efforts
I'm facing the same issue. I've given a shot at your questions and recommendations:
My device shows as "OK" as devices connected to your Hotmail account.
Further details:
The issue is intermittent. Sometimes email syncs fine for several minutes and I'm not prompted for credentials. Then all of a sudden, I get prompted for credentials and the capabilities are lost.