Gmail app keeps asking for Microsoft account credentials - not able to login

Anonymous
2024-01-25T09:50:09+00:00

Hi,

Since yesterday (24-01-2024) Gmail app won't sync with my Hotmail account. This email account is my default one, and syncs email, calendar and contacts.

Tried to remove account from devices, restart and add account again (manual configuration).

Server is defined as "m.hotmail.com", port "443", Security "SSL/TLS"

It as two options to proceed:

-"Next" - returns a information to check account data or change to modern authentication

-"modern authentication" - tries to sign on a google page (https://enterprise.google.co./exchangeoauth2rediret...) and returns a message "Can't add your personal email".

This happens both in a basic tablet with android 10 and in a Redmi Note 9 Pro (running stock Miui on Android 12)

What could be causing this? any help tp solve?

Thanks

Outlook | Outlook for mobile | Outlook for Android | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-07-05T11:59:13+00:00

    Please reply back to us as did reply not reply ????

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-07-05T11:57:23+00:00

    I get annoying tried so hard to recovery password I am pretting sure I know my password but I prefer British Sing Language because I am profoundly deaf

    I find English so hard.

    I get frustrated ! Because I am still waiting for my hearing test.

    Regards

    Jacqueline

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-06-29T14:44:20+00:00

    You should contact Microsoft support for help. https://support.microsoft.com/contactus

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-06-29T10:44:09+00:00

    This is my husband email. As my email dont work due to my password. I have tried so many my password but nothing work so cannot remember! but I notice you put email ******@hotmail.com I dont used. My email address is ******@hotmail.com .

    Can you help me please? or new new password.? I am profoundly deaf. I find english be hard. I can only simple english. I used BSL

    Thank you

    Kind regards.

    Jacqueline

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-04-18T18:48:04+00:00

    What happened? Is this issue resolved?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments