New Outlook does not auto-format email address as hyperlink

Anonymous
2024-01-19T19:07:07+00:00

I recently switched over to the new version of MS Outlook. I noticed that when I'm composing an email message in which I am typing in an email address, the email address no longer auto-formats into a clickable hyperlink. I've looked in each Settings category on MS Office and Outlook and can't find a solution. I never had this issue with the old version of Outlook.

I have had to manually create a "mailto" hyperlink every time I add an email into a message. If I type "mailto:" before the email address, it will auto-format to a link, but it will still include the words "mailto:" - I have to manually go in and edit the title of the hyperlink.

All of my emails are formatted in HTML as per my settings. This issue persists across browser and desktop versions.

Please see examples of issue below:

(No auto-format)

"Hello,

I've included John Smith's contact information below:

*John *****@sample.com" << plain text

(Adding "mailto:" to autoformat hyperlink)

"Hello,

I've included John Smith's contact information below:

John Smithmailto:*****@sample.com*" << clickable link

(After manually editing title of mailto hyperlink - Desired outcome)

"Hello,

I've included John Smith's contact information below:

*John *****@sample.com" << clickable link

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-07-01T14:55:44+00:00

    Hello,

    It's July 1st and this is still not fixed. Obviously it's not a priority.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-06-27T18:13:36+00:00

    ABSOLUTELY ANNOYING!!!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-06-26T15:47:05+00:00

    This is still not fixed sadly.

    No automatic hyperlinks for websites or email addresses.

    Very annoying.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-06-13T10:35:29+00:00

    Hey! Has MS resolved this issue yet, or has anyone found a quick work around?

    Thanks!

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-04-16T13:01:48+00:00

    Microsoft,

    Please add this function soon! Trying to commit to the new version but these issues are making it tough.

    Was this answer helpful?

    30+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments