Using New Outlook on Windows for personal email, calendar, and contact management
Same thing with me. Any idea how to fix it
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I recently switched over to the new version of MS Outlook. I noticed that when I'm composing an email message in which I am typing in an email address, the email address no longer auto-formats into a clickable hyperlink. I've looked in each Settings category on MS Office and Outlook and can't find a solution. I never had this issue with the old version of Outlook.
I have had to manually create a "mailto" hyperlink every time I add an email into a message. If I type "mailto:" before the email address, it will auto-format to a link, but it will still include the words "mailto:" - I have to manually go in and edit the title of the hyperlink.
All of my emails are formatted in HTML as per my settings. This issue persists across browser and desktop versions.
Please see examples of issue below:
(No auto-format)
"Hello,
I've included John Smith's contact information below:
*John *****@sample.com" << plain text
(Adding "mailto:" to autoformat hyperlink)
"Hello,
I've included John Smith's contact information below:
John Smithmailto:*****@sample.com*" << clickable link
(After manually editing title of mailto hyperlink - Desired outcome)
"Hello,
I've included John Smith's contact information below:
*John *****@sample.com" << clickable link
Using New Outlook on Windows for personal email, calendar, and contact management
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Same thing with me. Any idea how to fix it
I just tried by sending an email to a co-worker and another to my personal email and it does not work. Right now, the only thing that works is to click on Insert Hyperlink, type the email address or webpage on the field "Web address (URL) and click OK. As far as I know that is the only way to add these as an hyperlink.
I've just done the same today and it's not worked. Hopeless. Doesn't work in AOL web version either.
Does not work for me. Type in a url. No hyperlink.Send the message. No hyperlink.
Hi all,
Even though you will not see a clickable link as you compose the e-mail, the link will populate when you send the e-mail. You can verify this by checking the sent e-mail. 👍