Using New Outlook on Windows for personal email, calendar, and contact management
I have noticed this as well and am not pleased. It's too time-consuming to manually add the hyperlink. I hope that add this option soon.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I recently switched over to the new version of MS Outlook. I noticed that when I'm composing an email message in which I am typing in an email address, the email address no longer auto-formats into a clickable hyperlink. I've looked in each Settings category on MS Office and Outlook and can't find a solution. I never had this issue with the old version of Outlook.
I have had to manually create a "mailto" hyperlink every time I add an email into a message. If I type "mailto:" before the email address, it will auto-format to a link, but it will still include the words "mailto:" - I have to manually go in and edit the title of the hyperlink.
All of my emails are formatted in HTML as per my settings. This issue persists across browser and desktop versions.
Please see examples of issue below:
(No auto-format)
"Hello,
I've included John Smith's contact information below:
*John *****@sample.com" << plain text
(Adding "mailto:" to autoformat hyperlink)
"Hello,
I've included John Smith's contact information below:
John Smithmailto:*****@sample.com*" << clickable link
(After manually editing title of mailto hyperlink - Desired outcome)
"Hello,
I've included John Smith's contact information below:
*John *****@sample.com" << clickable link
Using New Outlook on Windows for personal email, calendar, and contact management
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
I have noticed this as well and am not pleased. It's too time-consuming to manually add the hyperlink. I hope that add this option soon.
Microsoft,
Please add this function soon! Trying to commit to the new version but these issues are making it tough.
This problem is still not rectified and as a community connector and event planner, I have to share email addresses with my clients all day long.
I'll be moving to a new platform as this is too time consuming and exceptionally frustrating.
Thank you.
I submitted it as a problem and as feedback to their support team. Fingers crossed.
Hello,
It's July 1st and this is still not fixed. Obviously it's not a priority.