For New Outlook, I can't drag and drop attachment.

Anonymous
2024-02-07T22:09:26+00:00

Hello MS-Team,

I Installed a new outlook for the user by clicking on "try new outlook feature", and after installing the new outlook she could not use drag and drop feature and she does not want to download all of the content because she works with a large number of invoices and reports.

https://answers-afd.microsoft.com/static/images/image-not-found.jpg
The issues at hand are:

Can’t drag and drop attachments from an email to a folder.

Can’t drag and drop emails to folder to save them in the SharePoint.

Your kind help is much appreciated!

Kind Regards,

Aiyaz Khan

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

51 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-08-21T14:15:40+00:00

    Removing the ability to drag and drop files from the new outlook is a very poor design decision. It has been over a year since you stated that Microsoft "Was working on it". Please fix this.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-08-21T19:48:39+00:00

    Hi Scott,

    Drag and Drop resumed working for me after a recent windows update.

    I'm now on Outlook Version 1.2024.605.100.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-08-22T07:01:18+00:00

    Hi JimUthere,

    i have production version 1.2024.814.200 but it doesnt work for me.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-10-17T15:31:15+00:00

    Agreed. I tried the "new" outlook and it's awful. I can only imagine the Microsoft tech/engineers asking how to make it "new" and decided to move everything around, require more clicks to do normal functions, and remove certain commonly used buttons. "New" seems to translate more to "messed it all up for you, good luck trying to figure it out" (and then charging customers for this "upgrade").

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-10-28T12:39:16+00:00

    I cannot drag & drop in new Outlook - but directly to the SharePoint or Teams folder opened in Chrome. But I'm able to do it by Windows explorator with additional hop. Formerly it worked directly.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments