For New Outlook, I can't drag and drop attachment.

Anonymous
2024-02-07T22:09:26+00:00

Hello MS-Team,

I Installed a new outlook for the user by clicking on "try new outlook feature", and after installing the new outlook she could not use drag and drop feature and she does not want to download all of the content because she works with a large number of invoices and reports.

https://answers-afd.microsoft.com/static/images/image-not-found.jpg
The issues at hand are:

Can’t drag and drop attachments from an email to a folder.

Can’t drag and drop emails to folder to save them in the SharePoint.

Your kind help is much appreciated!

Kind Regards,

Aiyaz Khan

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

51 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-08-21T14:15:40+00:00

    Removing the ability to drag and drop files from the new outlook is a very poor design decision. It has been over a year since you stated that Microsoft "Was working on it". Please fix this.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-08-21T09:55:23+00:00

    Is it possible that the "drag&drop" function still does not work?? awkward situation!!!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-08-15T01:54:44+00:00

    When will this be fixed. I note that this has been reported as a problem way back in March. I just set up a new computer and have spent ages trying to find a way to fix this. For gods sake, Microsoft, surely you can fix this now. Drag and Drop is standard everywhere and saves an enormous amout of time. Please get it done. Thanks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-08-14T21:31:40+00:00

    Hello, Just to inform you all that as of today August 14th. Drag and drop is not available yet on the new outlook. It does work for me in the old version.

    New outlook has been out there for 1 year or more and still does not have it's start feature? Unbelievable

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-08-13T16:28:39+00:00

    I'm in old Outlook and all of a sudden can't drag and drop files. I could do it last week and now I can't do it this week. It totally sucks because I'm an editor and receive and send a lot of emails with files attached to them.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments