Teams Add-in not showing in Outlook

Anonymous
2023-10-09T15:50:08+00:00

I have started having an issue where the Teams Meeting option is not showing up on the ribbon with using the Outlook calendar (three computers so far). It appears the add-in loads correctly, but the icon is not on the ribbon.

I have uninstalled both MS Office and Teams and reinstalled. I have also made sure the load behavior in the registry is correctly set to 3. Two fo the three computers started working out of the blue. The third one the Teams icon is still missing.

I also went to %localappdata%\Microsoft\Outlook\ deleted all the data and started Outlook again. Nothing. The Teams Meeting option is still not showing.

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-01-17T15:47:20+00:00

    Here is another option to manually mitigate the missing Teams Add-in that I have seen work for several internal users.

    1. Uninstall the Teams Meeting Add-in MSI from Windows Apps > Installed apps:

    1. Close Outlook and quit New Teams from the Task tray.
    2. Restart New Teams.
    3. This will force "New Teams" to reinstall the Teams Meeting Add-in which should fix the issue, once it's running and you see Teams Meeting Add-in in the list of installed apps again, restart Outlook and it should be working again.

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-01-30T15:52:04+00:00

    I have tried all of the above and still experiencing it on one users device. On the device you can't even find the Add-in when you go to options add-ins all the other ones are there but that one is missing. Noticed this past Friday 1/26/2024

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-02-05T16:47:47+00:00

    Gracias me funciono, excelente aporte.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-03-19T12:56:38+00:00

    Excellent! This is 100% what I was looking for and worked. Thanks!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-04-07T02:05:14+00:00

    De Paul N. Kwizera,

    YOU ARE AWESOME! I had the exact same issue and your advice fixed it. Thank you.

    Best Regards,

    Juan Escobar

    IT Field Services Engineer - Swissport

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments