Teams Add-in not showing in Outlook

Anonymous
2023-10-09T15:50:08+00:00

I have started having an issue where the Teams Meeting option is not showing up on the ribbon with using the Outlook calendar (three computers so far). It appears the add-in loads correctly, but the icon is not on the ribbon.

I have uninstalled both MS Office and Teams and reinstalled. I have also made sure the load behavior in the registry is correctly set to 3. Two fo the three computers started working out of the blue. The third one the Teams icon is still missing.

I also went to %localappdata%\Microsoft\Outlook\ deleted all the data and started Outlook again. Nothing. The Teams Meeting option is still not showing.

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-11-07T15:36:35+00:00

    Had anyone else implemented the below in order to stop Outlook from inserting Teams meeting links into every calendar event? Probably unrelated but grasping at straws.

    Set-OrganizationConfig -OnlineMeetingsByDefaultEnabled $False

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-11-08T08:12:36+00:00

    Fabulous !! this resolved my issue. Reinstalled office and new teams multiple times but same trouble. But getting message to update to new team or it will be updated automatically and I can't stop it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-11-08T13:42:10+00:00

    I think there are two separate issues being described here. There is a known issue with the add-in for new Teams but we are experiencing this issue with classic Teams (v1.6). Is anyone else experiencing an add-in issue with classic Teams?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-11-09T22:49:57+00:00

    Every single time MS runs an Office update Teams gets lost and can't be used. This time I had a client meeting and couldn't open the meeting for the client to join. I had to log into Zoom and start a meeting there. Last time MS updated Office Outlook forgot all my account settings and I had to do a system restore. I called support, but they couldn't fix it and eventually just ghosted me. MS is really bad for small business. I'm going to move to Google. This was truly embarrasing. Please do better.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-11-13T21:59:36+00:00

    The new teams add-in shows up in the New Items, on some

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments