Teams Add-in not showing in Outlook

Anonymous
2023-10-09T15:50:08+00:00

I have started having an issue where the Teams Meeting option is not showing up on the ribbon with using the Outlook calendar (three computers so far). It appears the add-in loads correctly, but the icon is not on the ribbon.

I have uninstalled both MS Office and Teams and reinstalled. I have also made sure the load behavior in the registry is correctly set to 3. Two fo the three computers started working out of the blue. The third one the Teams icon is still missing.

I also went to %localappdata%\Microsoft\Outlook\ deleted all the data and started Outlook again. Nothing. The Teams Meeting option is still not showing.

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-10-13T14:39:25+00:00

    I just had my Office "repaired" and have the New Teams thanks to my IT department. If "new" Teams isn't compatible, how do I get the previous version. This is super annoying.


    Update - I logged into Office in the browser, went to apps and then downloaded Teams from there. It's the older Teams that is compatible with Outlook. So I'm back to where I was.

    Apparently per my IT team, there is also a new version of Outlook that doesn't need a Teams add-in (if I remember right). So you have to have the "new" Teams and "new" Outlook to be able to create a new calendar event and have the option to make it a Teams meeting (or whatever they will call it). MSFT has been selectively pushing BETA to various people, as well, in some random fashion. They better not do it to me. And they better make sure whatever they push is compatible with the rest of Office.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-10-16T10:03:45+00:00

    Same problem since fee days on our site. We use Office Pro 2013 and since the last update of Teams, the meeting addin disapear of Outlook.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-10-16T12:46:32+00:00

    Hi De Paul, hopefully you can help me.
    I have a M365 Family subscription, no Teams add-in for Outlook?

    And Add-in in ribbon is greyed out?

    Tried to repair O365, checked all privacy,

    Please help!

    Thanks, Peter

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-10-16T21:16:04+00:00

    Same issue, nothing on microsoft's website has helped me resolve this issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-10-17T13:34:30+00:00

    Hi

    I have the same issue and looks like my IT teams not able to fix this issue. Any suggestions what should I try to do ?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments