Teams Add-in not showing in Outlook

Anonymous
2023-10-09T15:50:08+00:00

I have started having an issue where the Teams Meeting option is not showing up on the ribbon with using the Outlook calendar (three computers so far). It appears the add-in loads correctly, but the icon is not on the ribbon.

I have uninstalled both MS Office and Teams and reinstalled. I have also made sure the load behavior in the registry is correctly set to 3. Two fo the three computers started working out of the blue. The third one the Teams icon is still missing.

I also went to %localappdata%\Microsoft\Outlook\ deleted all the data and started Outlook again. Nothing. The Teams Meeting option is still not showing.

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-10-09T20:05:02+00:00

    Dear M. Shane Stecher,

    Good day! Thank you for posting to Microsoft Community. We are happy to help you.

    Based on your description, I understand that you have a query "Teams Add-in not showing in Outlook."

    I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue. Have you tried enabling the Teams Meeting add-in manually? Open Outlook and click on "File" in the top left corner > Click on "Options" and then select "Add-ins" > In the "Manage" dropdown menu, select "COM Add-ins" and click "Go" > Check the box next to "Microsoft Teams Meeting Add-in for Microsoft Office" and click "OK" > Restart Outlook and see if the Teams Meeting option appears on the ribbon.

    If this doesn't work, you can try repairing your Office installation by going to "Control Panel" > "Programs and Features" > right-click on "Microsoft Office" > select "Change" > select "Repair" and follow the prompts.

    If the issue persists, please let me know and we can explore other options.

    I hope the above information will be helpful. Please feel free to let me know if there are any updates or if I've got you wrong. If still have any concern, please let me know so I can provide further suggestion.

    Sincerely,

    De Paul | Microsoft Community Moderator

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-10-10T10:43:52+00:00

    That is the odd thing. The check box is already checked under COM Addins. I also made sure it was lsited under disabled add-ins. So the add-in is enabeld, it is just not showing up.

    I have also repaired both the Office 365 and Teams installations as well as a complete uninstall/reinstall.

    Two of the three computers this happened to, a repair did fix the issue. This third one so far nothing has worked.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-10-11T12:47:22+00:00

    We have the same problem on several computers in our environment. The Addin is enabled but won't show up.

    If you try to customize the ribbon the Addon shows up as "??????". Seems that Outlook has Problems to load the Addon properly.

    I literally tried everything of the Troubleshooting Page. Resolve issues with Teams Meeting add-in for Outlook - Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Learn

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-10-12T12:11:33+00:00

    Did you switch to the new Teams windows client? It seems the new client is not compatible with the meeting add-in.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-10-12T12:55:07+00:00

    The third computer that had the issue has fixed itself. The user came in yesterday, powered it on and the Teams button was there on the calendar view. Nothing changed.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments