Teams Add-in not showing in Outlook

Anonymous
2023-10-09T15:50:08+00:00

I have started having an issue where the Teams Meeting option is not showing up on the ribbon with using the Outlook calendar (three computers so far). It appears the add-in loads correctly, but the icon is not on the ribbon.

I have uninstalled both MS Office and Teams and reinstalled. I have also made sure the load behavior in the registry is correctly set to 3. Two fo the three computers started working out of the blue. The third one the Teams icon is still missing.

I also went to %localappdata%\Microsoft\Outlook\ deleted all the data and started Outlook again. Nothing. The Teams Meeting option is still not showing.

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-10-23T22:18:08+00:00

    Has anyone found a fix? We saw this issue start in early October and it has really been exploding over the last 1-2 weeks. We've been trying to work with Microsoft Support but they've offered nothing helpful so far. From our experience and the other posts on this forum, it sounds like it doesn't matter which version of Office you're using (we're using 2019) or if you're using the old or new Teams (some of our users have new Teams but we all still have the old Teams installed). I would guess that this is a bug introduced with a recent Teams update.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-10-20T17:43:28+00:00

    We have a few users at my company also experiencing this same issue and have had no luck resolving it.

    I don't see this listed in the Service health - Microsoft 365 admin center (office.com) either.

    Update: We were able to fix a few of these by closing Outlook and Teams then Clearing Teams Cache Clear Teams cache Windows 10 - Microsoft Community

    Check and make sure the add-in is enabled in Outlook.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-10-20T14:45:07+00:00

    This now plagues a few more machines. Some of which have not migrated to the "new" Teams. Very frustrated. Sometimes after a restart the button will magically reappear.

    Please advise.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-10-17T13:34:30+00:00

    Hi

    I have the same issue and looks like my IT teams not able to fix this issue. Any suggestions what should I try to do ?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-10-16T12:46:32+00:00

    Hi De Paul, hopefully you can help me.
    I have a M365 Family subscription, no Teams add-in for Outlook?

    And Add-in in ribbon is greyed out?

    Tried to repair O365, checked all privacy,

    Please help!

    Thanks, Peter

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments