Teams Add-in not showing in Outlook

Anonymous
2023-10-09T15:50:08+00:00

I have started having an issue where the Teams Meeting option is not showing up on the ribbon with using the Outlook calendar (three computers so far). It appears the add-in loads correctly, but the icon is not on the ribbon.

I have uninstalled both MS Office and Teams and reinstalled. I have also made sure the load behavior in the registry is correctly set to 3. Two fo the three computers started working out of the blue. The third one the Teams icon is still missing.

I also went to %localappdata%\Microsoft\Outlook\ deleted all the data and started Outlook again. Nothing. The Teams Meeting option is still not showing.

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-09-19T17:11:31+00:00

    Hi everyone

    I want to spare you nerves and time so:

    I just spent hours (!) trying all the online fixes described for this issue (esp. liked this guideline: https://repairit.wondershare.com/email-repair/fix-teams-addin-for-outlook-missing.html). Then I spent two hours via chat and screen sharing with three different Microsoft support resources (also the technical team). Bottom line:

    You need an MS Teams business account/package (not a private one!) for:

    1. the MS Outlook calender to show the MS Teams add-in allowing you to easily add Teams dial-ins to your meeting invites
    2. the MS Outlook calender to show the MS Teams related meetings once you have accepted the invites (as most of you know, they just magically disappear into limbo!)
    3. the MS teams link in the invites to work for you via the MS Teams app. Otherwise you can only log-in to the meeting via the MS Teams browser/website.

    If you used to have a business account (maybe because a prior employer or client's IT team set one up for you), it is no longer active but MS still has it registered under your name: Don't be surprised if it hinders your use of MS Teams, if you now have a private account. The system is constantly asking me to log in with the old business account or upgrade the package. The MS Teams support team will not (!) be able to void the old account for you. So make sure you get that all erased by the person who set it up in the past.

    Good luck!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-04-07T02:05:14+00:00

    De Paul N. Kwizera,

    YOU ARE AWESOME! I had the exact same issue and your advice fixed it. Thank you.

    Best Regards,

    Juan Escobar

    IT Field Services Engineer - Swissport

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-10-16T10:03:45+00:00

    Same problem since fee days on our site. We use Office Pro 2013 and since the last update of Teams, the meeting addin disapear of Outlook.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-10-12T12:55:07+00:00

    The third computer that had the issue has fixed itself. The user came in yesterday, powered it on and the Teams button was there on the calendar view. Nothing changed.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-10-10T10:43:52+00:00

    That is the odd thing. The check box is already checked under COM Addins. I also made sure it was lsited under disabled add-ins. So the add-in is enabeld, it is just not showing up.

    I have also repaired both the Office 365 and Teams installations as well as a complete uninstall/reinstall.

    Two of the three computers this happened to, a repair did fix the issue. This third one so far nothing has worked.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments