Using Classic Outlook on Windows for personal email, calendar, and contact management
Awesome, thank you. That worked for me too. Not sure why the default was changed by Microsoft.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
We have one user whose email attachments always show in the body of her emails rather than as attachments. We have already confirmed that her default format is HTML. I have watched her process for attaching them and it is exactly as I do them and mine always show as attachments. Please advise. *I have since learned that this was a changed instituted by Microsoft and now all links show up in the body of the email rather than as an attachment. Not a glitch; just a bad update.
Using Classic Outlook on Windows for personal email, calendar, and contact management
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Awesome, thank you. That worked for me too. Not sure why the default was changed by Microsoft.
I have the same issue - using a MAC with latest updated Outlook and can only attach in the body of email, not as separate attachments.
I have had the same issue and just fixed it. my setting was on "Rich Text", I changed to "HTML" and now my attached file no longer appears in body of email.
GO TO FILE IN OUTLOOK
CLICK ON OPTIONS
SELECT MAIL
UNDER 'COMPOSE MESSAGES', SELECT "HTML" IN RECTANGLE BOX JUST BEHIND:
Compose messages in this format: in drop down box select "HTML"
This worked fine for me. Thanks so much for getting back to me.
Jerry
It is now May 8, 2025 and I am having the same problem after getting a new laptop at work. It's horrible and adds a lot of extra steps to my process. Any fix to this yet??