Outlook mail account errors; server and password issues

Anonymous
2023-11-11T16:27:47+00:00

Hello,

For the last three days, I’ve been having issues with my email on iPad and iPhone with account errors; cannot get mail, connect to server, and cannot get mail, no password provided for Outlook, also prompts to enter the password. I've tried changing my primary alias back to my msn address, and using that to sign in, instead of the outlook alias’s I had been using previously due to several unauthorized sign in attempts. I changed my password, signed out from my devices and signed in, restarted them, removed my mail account and re-added it again, rebooted my router, contacted my internet provider and Apple support. Right now my mail shows as unauthenticated on IPad, even though I’ve entered password twice today. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated-thanks!

Outlook | Outlook for mobile | Outlook for iOS | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-11-15T17:26:39+00:00

    This sounds conclusive, as the issue seems to have miraculously resolved since yesterday (at least for me), without any software updates on my devices.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-11-15T17:56:31+00:00

    I was still getting server errors this am; but not getting them right now. Also not seeing any automatic syncs on recent activity. When chatting with Microsoft, I gave them the Apple update information. So conclusion reached by Apple, but maybe not by Microsoft or resolved yet?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-11-16T05:17:32+00:00

    I was still getting server errors this am; but not getting them right now.

    Is your mail syncing ok? That's what matters.

    if it is a server issue, they can usually fix them fairly fast if they identify the cause - but it can take time to propagate to all servers.

    -- Diane

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-11-16T12:26:47+00:00

    Mine was acting the same way; intermittent syncing issues and prompt's for password. But I don't know my status. I removed my Outlook through the Apple mail account about 3 days ago. That's the account that had the problem and I did not want to see the password requests. I'm using the Outlook App account from the app store (which I suggest everyone with the problem tries) which is working perfectly. My guess is that this account is going through a different server which does not have the issue. This problem has to be much more wide spread than it appears here. It's just not being reported in this forum.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-11-16T14:56:17+00:00

    Still no more server issues today. How do I know if my mail is syncing? On recent activity there are no automatic sync entries for last several days, and my iPhone calendar has not been advancing to the current date also, but iPad has.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments