Outlook mail account errors; server and password issues

Anonymous
2023-11-11T16:27:47+00:00

Hello,

For the last three days, I’ve been having issues with my email on iPad and iPhone with account errors; cannot get mail, connect to server, and cannot get mail, no password provided for Outlook, also prompts to enter the password. I've tried changing my primary alias back to my msn address, and using that to sign in, instead of the outlook alias’s I had been using previously due to several unauthorized sign in attempts. I changed my password, signed out from my devices and signed in, restarted them, removed my mail account and re-added it again, rebooted my router, contacted my internet provider and Apple support. Right now my mail shows as unauthenticated on IPad, even though I’ve entered password twice today. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated-thanks!

Outlook | Outlook for mobile | Outlook for iOS | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-11-14T00:39:04+00:00

    I suspected so, but thanks fort the confirmation. We all go through these hoops, and it's on the provider's side. How you spoke to someone is a victory. Bottom line, I think the Outlook app appears to be better than the ios app. Why not have both.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-11-14T06:09:49+00:00

    I use the iOS app for personal email and Outlook for work. So far I like the native app better, might be a matter of taste.

    If it‘s a server side issue, why have only some got the issues? Apparently it doesn‘t affect everybody. However, it affects all of my accounts, though one is not even directly from Microsoft but from another organization (hosted by Microsoft).

    Also in my case: no issues on desktop and webmail. And intermittently everything works just fine on the phone - until it doesn‘t again.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-11-14T19:37:39+00:00

    I have the Outlook mobile app downloaded, but didn’t resolve my issues. It’s ok as a backup, though it doesn’t download all of my mail.

    You need to pull down to sync more in the inbox - but it won't sync folders until you open them.

    If it‘s a server side issue, why have only some got the issues?

    It appears to affect everyone who uses the iOS app.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-11-15T14:52:47+00:00

    Thanks-it usually doesn’t download all, but most recent is ok for now. I spent a good deal of time chatting with Microsoft agents the other day and no results; except I got locked out due to too many email code requests, after they had me try to sign in on different browsers, etc., I also can’t get text codes except like once a day. Now the same with email codes. I had to add another email address to my account today so I could get codes to enter the password on my iPad, and sign in, as it was prompting me again. I get an error with my other email that it can’t send the code; try again. Also, I have to have my msn alias checked in sign preferences; if I try to use outlook alias, it says email mismatch? Not sure if that’s an issue with Outlook or not. My phone seems to be working better. Idk which server it is, Apple or Microsoft, but I sure hope they fix it soon.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-11-15T17:16:34+00:00

    I thought a conclusion was reached that there is an issue with Microsoft server(s) unable to sync with Apple? Randy Clegg 1 reported earlier:

    "Update to this, just got off the phone with the Sr Advisor from apple, I called about this issue the other day and they escalated it up to the engineers, they confirmed there is a server side issue on Microsoft's end that is preventing the apple devices from syncing."

    I wish Microsoft would report some status?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments