Outlook mail account errors; server and password issues

Anonymous
2023-11-11T16:27:47+00:00

Hello,

For the last three days, I’ve been having issues with my email on iPad and iPhone with account errors; cannot get mail, connect to server, and cannot get mail, no password provided for Outlook, also prompts to enter the password. I've tried changing my primary alias back to my msn address, and using that to sign in, instead of the outlook alias’s I had been using previously due to several unauthorized sign in attempts. I changed my password, signed out from my devices and signed in, restarted them, removed my mail account and re-added it again, rebooted my router, contacted my internet provider and Apple support. Right now my mail shows as unauthenticated on IPad, even though I’ve entered password twice today. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated-thanks!

Outlook | Outlook for mobile | Outlook for iOS | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-11-12T15:40:21+00:00

    I was not clear on the problem. I am not using the Outlook app, I am using Outlook through the Apple mail app that comes on the Iphone. I have also notice that syncing my iCloud calendar from my phone to my PC is at times slower, less responsive than usual. This might make this an Apple/Apple server issue? I have since loaded down the Outlook app as my plan B and hope that it will not present with the same issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-11-12T18:01:11+00:00

    Apple has communicated that this is a Microsoft issue even though I am using Outlook through the Apple mail app on the iPhone10. The newly set up stand alone Outlook mail app seems to be work fine thus far.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-11-12T20:20:28+00:00

    Right, I’m using the same; noticed there aren’t any automatic syncs last few days too. So this has been a weird, long experience. Outlook mobile referred me to Outlook account support, and I contacted them through my mail. They asked for screenshots via a secure link, but for some reason they wouldn’t upload. Then they requested I remove all my mobile devices from Outlook, but I saw them listed, and it said ok next to them. Then they said I just need to wait a few hours; they have refreshed the server from their end, so it will take awhile to get updated. If it doesn’t work, they’ll escalate it to upper level team. Never had problems with other email accounts; this is just one of many.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-11-13T13:25:30+00:00

    OK. This may help. First, my problem was with Outlook through the Apple mail app; the icon is a white envelope. Go to the app store and download the Outlook Mail app; the icon is a blue envelope with mail coming out of it and an O to the left side. Sign in, download your mail. That app works fine for me. You'll need to go through your settings to see if they suit you. Tap the upper left and then the settings wheel. Things like other vs focused, set your signature, require passcode each time (yes or no), tap Outlook.com and turn on save contact. Anyway, it works. And, I think then you open it, the other IOS app gets its connection back?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-11-13T13:28:27+00:00

    It's probably best to wait to see if the issue clears but you could try removing the account and adding it back.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments