Outlook mail account errors; server and password issues

Anonymous
2023-11-11T16:27:47+00:00

Hello,

For the last three days, I’ve been having issues with my email on iPad and iPhone with account errors; cannot get mail, connect to server, and cannot get mail, no password provided for Outlook, also prompts to enter the password. I've tried changing my primary alias back to my msn address, and using that to sign in, instead of the outlook alias’s I had been using previously due to several unauthorized sign in attempts. I changed my password, signed out from my devices and signed in, restarted them, removed my mail account and re-added it again, rebooted my router, contacted my internet provider and Apple support. Right now my mail shows as unauthenticated on IPad, even though I’ve entered password twice today. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated-thanks!

Outlook | Outlook for mobile | Outlook for iOS | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-11-11T21:36:55+00:00

    Other users have reported the exact issue in the exact timeframe. I have a strong feeling that the issue is on the Microsoft side>

    Thanks for your response.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-11-11T23:58:12+00:00

    Thanks, I got a response and have been messaging with them in the Outlook app. They asked me for screenshots of the sequence of errors, and now they want videos? Idk how to do that and by now I’m sure they have several reports, so tired of dealing with it today.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-11-12T00:04:33+00:00

    Thanks Diane,

    I’m not using the mobile app, but I’m messaging with support there to get help with this issue. I usually do this when I need help and there’s no Microsoft support chat available and they refer me to Outlook.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-11-12T00:21:09+00:00

    What app are you using?

    -- Diane

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-11-12T15:31:36+00:00

    I’m using the iOS mail apps on my devices.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments