Outlook mail account errors; server and password issues

Anonymous
2023-11-11T16:27:47+00:00

Hello,

For the last three days, I’ve been having issues with my email on iPad and iPhone with account errors; cannot get mail, connect to server, and cannot get mail, no password provided for Outlook, also prompts to enter the password. I've tried changing my primary alias back to my msn address, and using that to sign in, instead of the outlook alias’s I had been using previously due to several unauthorized sign in attempts. I changed my password, signed out from my devices and signed in, restarted them, removed my mail account and re-added it again, rebooted my router, contacted my internet provider and Apple support. Right now my mail shows as unauthenticated on IPad, even though I’ve entered password twice today. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated-thanks!

Outlook | Outlook for mobile | Outlook for iOS | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-11-14T00:20:32+00:00

    Update to this, just got off the phone with the Sr Advisor from apple, I called about this issue the other day and they escalated it up to the engineers, they confirmed there is a server side issue on microsoft's end that is preventing the apple devices from syncing.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-11-13T23:40:10+00:00

    I am having the same issue. I found a long post on the apple board with hundreds of customers with the same issues with their microsoft accounts in the mail application. It is unclear if its a microsoft issue or an apple issue at this point. I have tried removing and re-adding the accounts but it does not work.

    One work around mentioned on the apple boards is to install the microsoft edge app and log into it, it creates a link between your device and microsoft, but for me that only corrected the issue on one of my accounts.

    This issue is only happening on my apple devices, my pc and laptop seem to be fine, but my imac, macbook, iphone and ipad all have the issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-11-13T22:09:59+00:00

    I have the Outlook mobile app downloaded, but didn’t resolve my issues. It’s ok as a backup, though it doesn’t download all of my mail.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-11-13T14:22:43+00:00

    Hi, I have exactly the same problem:

    • Random "Account error" messages, on and off, inbetween it seems to work
    • Multiple outlook.com accounts using the iOS native mail app
    • Both on iPhone and iPad (17.1.1)
    • iPhone was newly set up

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-11-13T13:43:34+00:00

    I did uninstall and re-install twice. Didn't work. Based on my last post, it seems like it's specific to the ios mail app? And yes, I have a feeling it will resolve. But, the other Outlook app works in the mean time and I think it's a better one.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments