Outlook mail account errors; server and password issues

Anonymous
2023-11-11T16:27:47+00:00

Hello,

For the last three days, I’ve been having issues with my email on iPad and iPhone with account errors; cannot get mail, connect to server, and cannot get mail, no password provided for Outlook, also prompts to enter the password. I've tried changing my primary alias back to my msn address, and using that to sign in, instead of the outlook alias’s I had been using previously due to several unauthorized sign in attempts. I changed my password, signed out from my devices and signed in, restarted them, removed my mail account and re-added it again, rebooted my router, contacted my internet provider and Apple support. Right now my mail shows as unauthenticated on IPad, even though I’ve entered password twice today. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated-thanks!

Outlook | Outlook for mobile | Outlook for iOS | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-11-11T20:26:02+00:00

    Hi Ruthie,

    I'm Diane and I'm happy to help you today.

    Are you getting this error in the Outlook mobile app? If so, report it though the app. They can check to see if it's a bug in the app or with the service. Get in-app help for Outlook for iOS and Android https://support.microsoft.com/office/218a22d1-9fa5-4889-b689-de1c63493243

    It's not an alias issue - as long as the primary address is a Microsoft address, it should work.

    I'm not sure if Outlook on the phone goes through Apple's Cloud?

    No, it does not. And slowness syncing iCloud would be an Apple issue.

    Let me know how it goes, I'm here to help you further if needed.

    -- Diane

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-11-11T20:21:09+00:00

    I reported it to Outlook; you might want to do the same. On Outlook mail on your computer/device, click help and follow the prompts until you get to need more help. They may take you to a chat which will then e-mail you a case number. You can then reply to that with a description of the problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-11-11T19:10:12+00:00

    This has to be more widespread than us, hopefully they are aware of it?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-11-11T18:27:39+00:00

    Sorry you’re having the same-I agree; I think it’s Microsoft/Outlook. My messages will also say not downloaded from server for a bit, too. Not sure on the iCloud thing either. My Outlook on the web looks ok on iPad, but having calendar issues on iPhone. The Apple tech said if I couldn’t reach Outlook, etc., I could call back and escalate. I did download the Outlook app, which you can send messages to support through. I sent one yesterday; haven’t heard back yet. Apologies for leaving that out. Maybe try that? I know it’s a pain! Thanks for replying!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-11-11T16:45:40+00:00

    I am having the same exact problem for about 3 days. It waxes and wanes. Primarlily "can't connect to server" and occasional prompt to re-enter password. Given your completely identical experience and timeframe, it must be on "their" side, whoever they are. Microsoft, Apple or both. I'm not sure if Outlook on the phone goes through Apple's Cloud? I've gone through several things including deleting and re-installing my account. Also worth mentioning is my Outlook On the Web account on my PC is working perfectly and sync's from my iCloud calendar from the phone to my PC are sometimes slower than usual. This needs Microsoft attention.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments