Using Outlook for iOS in business environments for email and scheduling
Having the same "can't connect to sever" issue again; right now? On IOS mail app.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hello,
For the last three days, I’ve been having issues with my email on iPad and iPhone with account errors; cannot get mail, connect to server, and cannot get mail, no password provided for Outlook, also prompts to enter the password. I've tried changing my primary alias back to my msn address, and using that to sign in, instead of the outlook alias’s I had been using previously due to several unauthorized sign in attempts. I changed my password, signed out from my devices and signed in, restarted them, removed my mail account and re-added it again, rebooted my router, contacted my internet provider and Apple support. Right now my mail shows as unauthenticated on IPad, even though I’ve entered password twice today. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated-thanks!
Using Outlook for iOS in business environments for email and scheduling
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Having the same "can't connect to sever" issue again; right now? On IOS mail app.
Thanks, All so very much! Misery loves company, so it was reassuring to know that i wasn't alone in this plight. A couple of days ago, my email and contacts just magically synced and things started working again. It's pretty frightening to know that things like this could happen without any notice and stay down for such a seemingly long time. I don't rely much on email so that wasn't too painful, but the loss of contact integration was painful. i ended up creating new ones for important contacts, and may have to revisit how much i rely on them in one location. The issue has been resolved for me as well.
Status:
To recap, my problem was with Outlook mail through the IOS Apple mail app. The separate Outlook mail app on the phone and Outlook on my PC's worked fine. About a week ago, I removed the Apple mail Outlook account since I did not want to see the prompts to enter my e-mail do to server connection issues. I re-installed the account a couple of days ago to see if the problem was fixed and my account/mail has been working fine. It looks like the issue may have been resolved?
update. i opened up a chat from Outlook->Help->Contact Outlook Mobile Support, and i'm still waiting for someone to answer. This was a complete non-starter for me. Either the functionality is broken or i'm being ignored.
So i opened up a chat from desktop outlook. After chatting with someone for over an hour, they said that it was outside of Microsoft's scope since I'm able to access the account via Outlook Mobile and Outlook.com. And suggested i contact Apple since it is their Mail App.
Now i called Apple with the number that i was given, and it is outside of business hours so i'm out of luck again. sigh...
not sure what my next steps are. this is tiring me out
Does anyone know if Microsoft is actually working to resolve this issue?