Outlook mail account errors; server and password issues

Anonymous
2023-11-11T16:27:47+00:00

Hello,

For the last three days, I’ve been having issues with my email on iPad and iPhone with account errors; cannot get mail, connect to server, and cannot get mail, no password provided for Outlook, also prompts to enter the password. I've tried changing my primary alias back to my msn address, and using that to sign in, instead of the outlook alias’s I had been using previously due to several unauthorized sign in attempts. I changed my password, signed out from my devices and signed in, restarted them, removed my mail account and re-added it again, rebooted my router, contacted my internet provider and Apple support. Right now my mail shows as unauthenticated on IPad, even though I’ve entered password twice today. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated-thanks!

Outlook | Outlook for mobile | Outlook for iOS | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-11-14T00:20:32+00:00

    Update to this, just got off the phone with the Sr Advisor from apple, I called about this issue the other day and they escalated it up to the engineers, they confirmed there is a server side issue on microsoft's end that is preventing the apple devices from syncing.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-11-18T23:52:15+00:00

    I tried support in Outlook Mobile too; it takes awhile for them to respond, and they will refer you to Outlook for iOS in web mail. You might want to try.contacting support again, even though it’s a pain. I just kept doing it until I got someone to help me, which was frustrating and exhausting. On the last chat I also put the message from someone here about how several Apple users were having this issue, and they had confirmed there was an issue with the Microsoft server. You can see it in the previous comments. The day after that was when my errors cleared up. I hope that helps somewhat and you’re able to get in touch with someone soon.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-11-13T14:22:43+00:00

    Hi, I have exactly the same problem:

    • Random "Account error" messages, on and off, inbetween it seems to work
    • Multiple outlook.com accounts using the iOS native mail app
    • Both on iPhone and iPad (17.1.1)
    • iPhone was newly set up

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-11-13T13:28:27+00:00

    It's probably best to wait to see if the issue clears but you could try removing the account and adding it back.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-11-11T21:36:55+00:00

    Other users have reported the exact issue in the exact timeframe. I have a strong feeling that the issue is on the Microsoft side>

    Thanks for your response.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments