Emails sent on the New Outlook application are saved in the draft folder and not sent

Anonymous
2024-02-26T23:14:58+00:00

Windows 11

Microsoft 365

New Outlook

Issue is with sending from outlook.com as well as email address from an internet provider. IMAP/SMTP

Emails are saved in the draft folder and sometimes are sent after a delay of 5 minutes. The email takes another 5-10 minutes to arrive at the recipient email address.

This started on Feb 25, 2024

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-04-30T12:49:24+00:00

    I've had this problem since February - I'll compose and send a message, only to realise hours later that it never sent and was sitting in my 'drafts' folder. If I try to send it again from there it never goes, I generally have to copy the text, paste it into a new email and send that. Some days it hardly happens, today it took me four tries to send a four-word email. Incredibly frustrating. I'm in the habit of checking the drafts folder several times a day to make sure there aren't emails sitting in there that I thought I'd send. Would appreciate some response from microsoft on this, even if it's just to confirm it's a known issue and is being worked on.

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-04-30T16:09:10+00:00

    Yes, this is the same for me. Is there anyone to contact at MSFT that can get this resolved?

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-05-01T03:37:21+00:00

    Hello, is the microsoft e-mail client that dont sent e-mails....

    Thunderbird is better, but with ugly desing and is slow when have more than one account.

    The outlook 365 is horrible for imap accounts, the sent e-mails stay in outbox folder forever too.

    Microsoft can "see" thunderbird and Apple Mail how examples, and delivery one e-mail client that simple work, but....

    waiting

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-05-06T06:43:02+00:00

    F R U S T R A T I N G !!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-05-09T16:08:28+00:00

    In addition I am unable to delete Draft emails out of the Outbox.

    If I click the delete icon the message will disappear. The message count in the Outbox label will not change and if you go back into the Outbox folder the Draft emails reappear.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments