Emails sent on the New Outlook application are saved in the draft folder and not sent

Anonymous
2024-02-26T23:14:58+00:00

Windows 11

Microsoft 365

New Outlook

Issue is with sending from outlook.com as well as email address from an internet provider. IMAP/SMTP

Emails are saved in the draft folder and sometimes are sent after a delay of 5 minutes. The email takes another 5-10 minutes to arrive at the recipient email address.

This started on Feb 25, 2024

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-03-01T10:08:30+00:00

    Just appalling that Microsoft take money for Office and can't be bothered to fix issues like this. I think I'll move to Google and Open Office

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-03-24T00:33:47+00:00

    I have much the same problem. Sent mails either get stuck in Drafts or occasionally show up in a random subfolsder. Attempts to send them from Drafts or the subfolder don't work. The only fix seems to be reverting to the old Outlook, when it's simple to fix the problem manually (but annoying to have to do it). The problem is frustrating enough for me to have abandoned using new Outlook until I hear what the fix is.

    Roger

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-04-07T15:59:18+00:00

    Since my original email is out of my mail, i try to sent the draft back to my email account . I a message that my inbox is full which isn't true, this has happen to me several times. It seems to create a draft when i send the original email to someone else, I have lost many important emails

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-04-18T13:23:42+00:00

    I was informed by a high level Microsoft employee last week that this is not a bug, but done by design. They didn't get into it any further from there other than to say that the messages will send after a period of time, but it's not instantaneous anymore. This only affects the "New Outlook" desktop client and the web version. The regular client32 version is still unaffected by this change.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-04-18T14:05:56+00:00

    This is not the behavior I am seeing.

    Outbound emails have sat for weeks and did not eventually send.

    If this is by design, it’s broken as designed and useless.

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments