Emails sent on the New Outlook application are saved in the draft folder and not sent

Anonymous
2024-02-26T23:14:58+00:00

Windows 11

Microsoft 365

New Outlook

Issue is with sending from outlook.com as well as email address from an internet provider. IMAP/SMTP

Emails are saved in the draft folder and sometimes are sent after a delay of 5 minutes. The email takes another 5-10 minutes to arrive at the recipient email address.

This started on Feb 25, 2024

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-04-30T16:09:10+00:00

    Yes, this is the same for me. Is there anyone to contact at MSFT that can get this resolved?

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-04-30T12:49:24+00:00

    I've had this problem since February - I'll compose and send a message, only to realise hours later that it never sent and was sitting in my 'drafts' folder. If I try to send it again from there it never goes, I generally have to copy the text, paste it into a new email and send that. Some days it hardly happens, today it took me four tries to send a four-word email. Incredibly frustrating. I'm in the habit of checking the drafts folder several times a day to make sure there aren't emails sitting in there that I thought I'd send. Would appreciate some response from microsoft on this, even if it's just to confirm it's a known issue and is being worked on.

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-04-29T02:54:48+00:00

    I am having the same problem. Messages will stick in drafts for more than day. You cannot get them to send and have to redo the message

    How can you have an email application that doesnt send email?

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-04-26T13:55:18+00:00

    Thank you for the reply. It is a very irritating bug. I am going to follow your solution.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-04-26T04:34:03+00:00

    Same problem. Random new messages and replies get stuck in drafts. Error message, saying in cannot send.

    Very annoying and dangerous if you don't check. To solve this problem I copy whole email content of the message and paste into a new message.

    It seems to be a known problem and should be fixed.

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments