Emails sent on the New Outlook application are saved in the draft folder and not sent

Anonymous
2024-02-26T23:14:58+00:00

Windows 11

Microsoft 365

New Outlook

Issue is with sending from outlook.com as well as email address from an internet provider. IMAP/SMTP

Emails are saved in the draft folder and sometimes are sent after a delay of 5 minutes. The email takes another 5-10 minutes to arrive at the recipient email address.

This started on Feb 25, 2024

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-05-15T17:58:16+00:00

    I have had the same issue since using the "New Outlook" with Office365. I am using a Microsoft email (Office365) on a Microsoft product and when I reply to a message, it is keeping a draft version of the message in my Drafts. The email sends and shows up in Sent but an older copy of the message just sits in Drafts.

    This needs to be fixed. Once a message is sent there should be no business logic to keep older versions of that same message anywhere.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-05-09T17:53:31+00:00

    I am having the exact same issue...and when I try to send again from the drafts, it will not send. So then I have to go find the original email I am replying to, copy the body of the email I am trying to send, and paste it into a new reply. I then have to be sure I have deleted the original reply from drafts or the new reply will not send. I am going out of my mind it is so frustrating.

    Even more frustrating is that emails from my personal account (added to the same outlook account) send with no issue. It is just the emails from my business email account.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-05-09T16:08:28+00:00

    In addition I am unable to delete Draft emails out of the Outbox.

    If I click the delete icon the message will disappear. The message count in the Outbox label will not change and if you go back into the Outbox folder the Draft emails reappear.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-05-06T06:43:02+00:00

    F R U S T R A T I N G !!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-05-01T03:37:21+00:00

    Hello, is the microsoft e-mail client that dont sent e-mails....

    Thunderbird is better, but with ugly desing and is slow when have more than one account.

    The outlook 365 is horrible for imap accounts, the sent e-mails stay in outbox folder forever too.

    Microsoft can "see" thunderbird and Apple Mail how examples, and delivery one e-mail client that simple work, but....

    waiting

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments