Emails sent on the New Outlook application are saved in the draft folder and not sent

Anonymous
2024-02-26T23:14:58+00:00

Windows 11

Microsoft 365

New Outlook

Issue is with sending from outlook.com as well as email address from an internet provider. IMAP/SMTP

Emails are saved in the draft folder and sometimes are sent after a delay of 5 minutes. The email takes another 5-10 minutes to arrive at the recipient email address.

This started on Feb 25, 2024

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-06-12T09:49:22+00:00

    Ah, we migrated to Exchange 365 and started using Outlook (thunderbird before with our mail server) and instantly got this problem. How to fix that? Any solutions?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-06-07T20:25:48+00:00

    Microsoft Please fix this issue.

    we are paying for something that is not fit for purpose,

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-06-03T14:32:00+00:00

    I have the exact problems described above and have tried the same :"solutions", all for nothing. The mail does not send but rather sits in draft folder forever. I also have Spectrum mail.

    This program ? is not ready for prime time. Why should it take 10 or 15 minutes to send?

    Gerry Fuller

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-06-01T17:10:12+00:00

    I found this on another thread and it seems to have fixed this issue for me.

    "I could receive emails but not send on both my phone and my laptop. I had mobile.charter.net as the server for both incoming and outgoing. I switched the outgoing server to mail.charter.net on both devices and now I can send on both devices! Thank you Carl Greenwald!"

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-05-29T18:04:25+00:00

    Yeah, this is what I'm experiencing as well.

    It sends the email fine, but I'm still left with a draft, usually blank.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments