Emails sent on the New Outlook application are saved in the draft folder and not sent

Anonymous
2024-02-26T23:14:58+00:00

Windows 11

Microsoft 365

New Outlook

Issue is with sending from outlook.com as well as email address from an internet provider. IMAP/SMTP

Emails are saved in the draft folder and sometimes are sent after a delay of 5 minutes. The email takes another 5-10 minutes to arrive at the recipient email address.

This started on Feb 25, 2024

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-08-29T22:29:28+00:00

    I am having the exact same problem for the last month or so. Cannot figure out what to do. Did you get a resolution?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-07-26T16:09:20+00:00

    No, there's been nothing but crickets from MicroSoft. I guess its solution is just to ignore it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-07-26T16:02:38+00:00

    Did we get an updated answer to this question? This has been happening since I did the most recent update. Sometimes I can't get the email to send until many, many tries. It's tough when I think an email has been sent only to find out that it's been sitting in my drafts.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-07-26T13:06:13+00:00

    Microsoft Outlook is getting more and more useless. You have one job - send and receive emails. And you can't even do that! Fix this please.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-07-16T16:11:18+00:00

    Hi Sola,

    I am experiencing this. When I click on send the email goes to the Drafts folder.

    They have sat there since last night.

    None of your suggestions to correct this worked.

    Please note that when I open the message in drafts there is no send option. At the bottom there is a forward option. I have tried this and the forwarded message also did not send, and appeared in my drafts folder?

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments