Emails sent on the New Outlook application are saved in the draft folder and not sent

Anonymous
2024-02-26T23:14:58+00:00

Windows 11

Microsoft 365

New Outlook

Issue is with sending from outlook.com as well as email address from an internet provider. IMAP/SMTP

Emails are saved in the draft folder and sometimes are sent after a delay of 5 minutes. The email takes another 5-10 minutes to arrive at the recipient email address.

This started on Feb 25, 2024

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-02-01T16:21:15+00:00

    There is no "drafts file" like on previous iterations of Outlook. I've looked everywhere.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-12-14T01:39:16+00:00

    Hi Bryan, Thanks for contacting us and sorry for the inconveniences, I suggest you try the following steps to troubleshoot and fix your issue: - Resend the message. You can open the draft folder, double-click the email that won't send, and click Send again. You can also delete the message and rewrite it from scratch if needed. - Make sure Outlook is not offline. You can check the status at the bottom right of the Outlook window. It should say Connected. If it says Offline, click the Send/Receive tab and then click Work Offline to toggle it off. - Ensure you are connected to the internet. - Close and restart Outlook. You can exit the Outlook application and make sure it is not running in the background. You can use the Task Manager to end any Outlook processes if needed. Then, reopen Outlook and see if the issue is resolved. Let me know if this helps or if you need further assistance. Regards, Sola “Give back to the Community. Help the next person who has this issue by indicating if this reply solved your problem. Click Yes or No below. “ Kindly note that this is a user to user forum, we are users helping other users, we aren't Microsoft employee neither are we Microsoft agents.

    This is so pathetic!

    So now I must find a way to make my "unsafe" Outlook 2007 work again with gmail.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-09-15T18:55:29+00:00

    Same problem here. It seems to happen with large messages. Today I sent a message with several pictures inserted in it. It sat in both "SENT" and "DRAFTS" for half a day, then I opened the draft and clicked on "SEND" and it went through at that point. I've seen this before. I'm running the New Outlook in Windows 10 Home.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-08-30T01:30:57+00:00

    No, went back to Old Outlook no fix yet.

    Sorry

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-08-29T23:26:12+00:00

    Well I certainly havent had any fixes or resolutions. Extremely frustrating having to switch between my main email account and another (non microsoft) I set up, just so I can send or reply to a message!!

    Come on Microsoft! Do better!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments