Using New Outlook on Windows for professional communication and productivity
No, went back to Old Outlook no fix yet.
Sorry
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Windows 11
Microsoft 365
New Outlook
Issue is with sending from outlook.com as well as email address from an internet provider. IMAP/SMTP
Emails are saved in the draft folder and sometimes are sent after a delay of 5 minutes. The email takes another 5-10 minutes to arrive at the recipient email address.
This started on Feb 25, 2024
Using New Outlook on Windows for professional communication and productivity
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
No, went back to Old Outlook no fix yet.
Sorry
I continue to get replies from people who share the issue of outgoing emails actually not being sent off bei New Outlook but sticking in the drafts folder (where nobody excpects them to be). - Ok, we have a problem .....
The challenge however is to get Microsofts´ attention on fixing the bug: who has a way to deal with that? - Please get active on supporting alleys that lead to a solution!
My issue is similar, I send an email and it shows up as a draft but it's sent. Then I have to go into the draft folder and delete the drafts. Sometimes it just gets stuck on draft and never sends. Windows 11 mail was so much better, this is not an improvement.
Ah, we migrated to Exchange 365 and started using Outlook (thunderbird before with our mail server) and instantly got this problem. How to fix that? Any solutions?
I found this on another thread and it seems to have fixed this issue for me.
"I could receive emails but not send on both my phone and my laptop. I had mobile.charter.net as the server for both incoming and outgoing. I switched the outgoing server to mail.charter.net on both devices and now I can send on both devices! Thank you Carl Greenwald!"