Emails sent on the New Outlook application are saved in the draft folder and not sent

Anonymous
2024-02-26T23:14:58+00:00

Windows 11

Microsoft 365

New Outlook

Issue is with sending from outlook.com as well as email address from an internet provider. IMAP/SMTP

Emails are saved in the draft folder and sometimes are sent after a delay of 5 minutes. The email takes another 5-10 minutes to arrive at the recipient email address.

This started on Feb 25, 2024

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-07-03T08:57:05+00:00

    I have exactly the same issue and it has been there (unsolved) for over 6 months. It is frustrating, because it is obviously something that you don't count on and therefore, forget to check. This week it has gotten me in trouble twice with work stuff that I guessed it had been submitted...This is app is completely hopeless and definitely not for professional use, and I am seriously getting tired of this unbearable situation.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-06-03T14:32:00+00:00

    I have the exact problems described above and have tried the same :"solutions", all for nothing. The mail does not send but rather sits in draft folder forever. I also have Spectrum mail.

    This program ? is not ready for prime time. Why should it take 10 or 15 minutes to send?

    Gerry Fuller

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-05-09T17:53:31+00:00

    I am having the exact same issue...and when I try to send again from the drafts, it will not send. So then I have to go find the original email I am replying to, copy the body of the email I am trying to send, and paste it into a new reply. I then have to be sure I have deleted the original reply from drafts or the new reply will not send. I am going out of my mind it is so frustrating.

    Even more frustrating is that emails from my personal account (added to the same outlook account) send with no issue. It is just the emails from my business email account.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-05-09T16:08:28+00:00

    In addition I am unable to delete Draft emails out of the Outbox.

    If I click the delete icon the message will disappear. The message count in the Outbox label will not change and if you go back into the Outbox folder the Draft emails reappear.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-05-01T03:37:21+00:00

    Hello, is the microsoft e-mail client that dont sent e-mails....

    Thunderbird is better, but with ugly desing and is slow when have more than one account.

    The outlook 365 is horrible for imap accounts, the sent e-mails stay in outbox folder forever too.

    Microsoft can "see" thunderbird and Apple Mail how examples, and delivery one e-mail client that simple work, but....

    waiting

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments