Emails sent on the New Outlook application are saved in the draft folder and not sent

Anonymous
2024-02-26T23:14:58+00:00

Windows 11

Microsoft 365

New Outlook

Issue is with sending from outlook.com as well as email address from an internet provider. IMAP/SMTP

Emails are saved in the draft folder and sometimes are sent after a delay of 5 minutes. The email takes another 5-10 minutes to arrive at the recipient email address.

This started on Feb 25, 2024

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-03-01T10:08:30+00:00

    Just appalling that Microsoft take money for Office and can't be bothered to fix issues like this. I think I'll move to Google and Open Office

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-04-18T14:05:56+00:00

    This is not the behavior I am seeing.

    Outbound emails have sat for weeks and did not eventually send.

    If this is by design, it’s broken as designed and useless.

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-02-28T01:29:17+00:00

    Hi,

    Thanks for the reply. I am using the "New Outlook" which does not have File in the top menu nor does it show the connection info. I have done all the steps you specified and it still moves all messages to the Draft folder before they are sent. I had several which I could never get to send and some today that did actually send and were received with a bit of a delay 5-10 minutes. I am testing this with my email accounts in Gmail from my Outlook app on Win 11. I also have an email account from my Internet provider and they both behave the same from the New Outlook app.

    The old one works just fine so I have gone back to it for now...I still have the New Outlook installed.

    I see from older threads that this is not a new problem for Outlook but I cannot see any details about this occurring on the New Outlook app.

    Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

    Bryan

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-03-24T00:33:47+00:00

    I have much the same problem. Sent mails either get stuck in Drafts or occasionally show up in a random subfolsder. Attempts to send them from Drafts or the subfolder don't work. The only fix seems to be reverting to the old Outlook, when it's simple to fix the problem manually (but annoying to have to do it). The problem is frustrating enough for me to have abandoned using new Outlook until I hear what the fix is.

    Roger

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-02-29T15:52:33+00:00

    I have the same issue, all sent emails go to the Drafts folder when I try to move to Outlook 2024.

    I have checked and confirmed settings. The Windows 11 email client works fine.

    This has been an ongoing issue for months and I have even deleted my email (both Outlook 2024 and the Win 11 email client) and set up again, no change.

    My provider is Charter (Spectrum). This looks like an Outlook 2024 issue, messages stop at the Drafts folder.

    I have waited for days for messages to send but no luck.

    I's sure be happy to be able to use Outlook 2024,

    Regards,

    CC

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments