Using older versions of Outlook for Mac in business environments
But you are right! Now my Outlook works just normally... I guess it will not stay like that 🥴
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I have been trying to open Outlook on my MacBook Pro all day, and it has consistently crashed. I was just using Outlook last night and had not made any changes to apps or settings since trying to open Outlook this morning. MacBook is running Sonoma 14.3.1. Never any issues until now. Consistent error messages....even after uninstalling and re-installing...per Microsoft support which was not very helpful.
Below is the most recent message I received (minus hundreds of lines due to character limits).
Microsoft Error Reporting log version: 2.0
Error Signature:
Exception: EXC_CRASH (SIGTRAP)
ExceptionEnumString: 50331648
Exception Code: 0x00000001 (0x0000000000000000)
Date/Time: 2024-03-19 22:11:55 +0000
Application Name: Microsoft Outlook
Application Bundle ID: com.microsoft.Outlook
Application Signature: OPIM
Application Bitness: x64
Application Version: 16.83.1.24031813
Crashed Module Name: merp
Crashed Module Version: 16.83.24031813
Crashed Module Offset: 0x000000000000559c
Blame Module Name: Microsoft Outlook
Blame Module Version: 16.83.24031813
UnsymbolicatedChecksum: DCA9BCB06082872F879C6092737B3813
Blame Module Offset: 0x0000000000034334
StackHash: 3334bf3e6cfb5dc_50331648_main_phx_arm
Application LCID: 1033
Extra app info: Reg=en Loc=0x0409
Build Type: Release
Crashed thread Stack Pointer: 0x_000000016afdd9d0
Crashed thread: 0
uncaught ObjC exception, reason: The window has been marked as needing another Update Constraints in Window pass, but it has already had more Update Constraints in Window passes than there are views in the window.
<OLToolbarValidatingWindow: 0x12505d640> 0x282 (642) {{0, 89}, {1696, 990}} en
OS Information
Operating System: Mac OS X 14.3.1 (Build 23D60)
CPU: ARM64e, Logical CPU Count: 12
Physical Memory: 16384 MB
Device_model: Mac14,10
Screen: 1728.000000 x 1117.000000, bitsPerPixel = 24, frame = 0.000000, 0.000000, 1728.000000, 1117.000000
CrashedApp_Virtual_Memory_Size_MB: 406330.625000
CrashedApp_Resident_Memory_Size_MB: 456.703125
CrashedApp_Memory_Footprint_MB: 158.661926
ErrorReportingDeviceUUID: 483A116B-B39F-5CBD-82C1-D981E3B9C0DA
ErrorReportingUUID: 44C40BF0-BDD8-402C-A229-42DB172A9594
ULS UUID: EA80B636-3297-4FFC-A9B9-B49947795BF0
CrashedLogSessionId: EA80B636-3297-4FFC-A9B9-B49947795BF0
TimeFromLaunch: 0 hours, 0 minutes, 5 seconds
CrashedSessionDuration: 5
Total errors on this client: 210
Microsoft Application Information:
SHSuffixKey_1: _arm
AudienceChannel: CC
Audience: Production
SHSuffixKey_0: _phx
PreviewEnabled: true
AudienceGroup: Production
Using older versions of Outlook for Mac in business environments
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
But you are right! Now my Outlook works just normally... I guess it will not stay like that 🥴
I'm afraid my excitement was premature... after a few hours, the problem came back. So disappointed.
Had this problem for a couple of weeks and suddenly it started working again. Sadly, no idea why. Sharing this news in case it brings some hope that this too shall pass (maybe).
I have the same problem with my Mac Studio and macOS 14.4.1.
I've tried reinstalling but still the same behaviour: Outlook crashes after opening
And it doesn't matter if connected with WiFi, Ethernet or offline. Still crashing. I've tested these versions:
All the Crash Reports have the same line in the first part
uncaught ObjC exception, reason: The window has been marked as needing another Update Constraints in Window pass, but it has already had more Update Constraints in Window passes than there are views in the window.
20240404 UPDATE - It's been a couple weeks and this fix has been intermittent. It works for several days before again crashing. I'm forced to re-apply these steps, leave it in Legacy mode, and then switch to the updated version several hours later (usually the next day). I've done this at least three times over the last two weeks. Counterproductive to say the least!
@Microsoft- PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE issue a fix!